During a Hawaiian vacation at a beachside resort, the girls’ swimsuits are stolen. Could Cherry be the culprit?
Still at the resort, Sakura, Ataru and Cherry compete in an all-you-can-eat contest.
To be added
- This is one of the two episodes in which one segment adapts more than one chapter from the manga, with the first segment covering two chapters. The other episode being Episode 21.5.
Differences from the manga
- Shūtarō Mendō appears in the manga version of both segments. He was introduced in the anime in Episode 11, but doesn't officially debut until the next episode.
- The chapters also take place in a beach resort in Japan, instead of Hawaii which Lum won a trip to with a supermarket lottery.
- Kōsuke Shirai appears in both chapters.
- The first chapter covers the surfing scene, with some parts that were taken out.
- The next chapter starts in the scene in the hotel, where it is revealed that Mendō invited Lum on the trip, and the others came along uninvited, with Sakura as chaperone and Cherry as chaperone's uncle. There's no interrogation scene, and they attack the octopus on the beach, leading to Cherry being led away by Mendō's men to be cooked with soy sauce and vinegar.
The pill in this version is called “Bloat-a-Roni”. Mendō takes everyone to the restaurant but pays only for the girls, which is why Ataru and Cherry enter the competition together with Sakura. There isn’t the side material about the history of the restaurant. At the end, Sakura lies down on a pool float and promptly sinks to the bottom.