Goodness! Words Aren't Getting to Darling (大変！ダーリンに言葉が通じないっちゃ, Taihen! Dārin ni Kotoba ga Tsūji Naitcha) is the 163rd episode of Urusei Yatsura.
During a fight between Ataru and Ten at breakfast, Ataru accidentally hits Lum with a rice cooker; causing her to forget how to understand or speak Japanese. Ataru sees this as a blessing and begins a girl hunt feast, but has he really attained great happiness?
To be added
- Ataru Moroboshi
- Ataru's Mother
- Ataru's Father
- Shūtarō Mendō
- Shinobu Miyake
- Ryūnosuke Fujinami
- Various cameos are featured:
Differences from the manga
The plot is essentially the same, but the 22-minute running time gave the anime compartment numerous anime-filler scenes. In the manga:
- Lum goes to her UFO after Ataru flirts with only 2 girls in one street.
- Ataru is not seen flirting with other girls for the whole week. One day, he calls for Lum when he spots her in the air, but she doesn't respond to which he answers "Don't you recognize at least my voice?".
- Thus, Ran, Ryūnosuke and also Cherry do not appear.
- Kotatsu-Neko is in Ataru's room and Ataru is in a normal state when he apologizes and hugs Lum who immediately attaches the translator to his mouth. The final panel shows Ataru asking Lum if she had to make the translator ugly to which she thinks "While wearing this, you won't get close to any girl".