I Want a Bride!! The Fox's Big Love Adventure!! (花嫁がほしい！！キツネの恋の大冒険！！, Hanayome ga Hoshī!! Kitsune no Koi no Dai Bōken!!) is the 174th episode of Urusei Yatsura.
An old woman tells Kitsune a story about giving dandelions to a woman which transform into a beautiful bridal gown. Hoping that the story will come true for Shinobu and him, he returns to Tomobiki High School where a costume contest takes place.
- Shinobu Miyake
- Shūtarō Mendō
- Ataru Moroboshi
- Ryūnosuke's Father
- Ryūnosuke Fujinami
- The first OVA was released after that episode.
- Ataru wears a Mothra costume and Lum wears a Vampirella costume.
- Various costumes include:
- The Xenomorph Alien from the Alien series
- C-3P0 from the Star Wars series
- Kanegon from UltraQ
- Godzilla (Appears multiple times with different designs and colors)
- Pigmon from Ultraman
- Spider-Man (colored Silver)
- R2-D2 from the Star Wars series
- E.T. from the Steven Spielberg film of the same name
- Maschinenmensch from Metropolis
- Nausicaa of the Studio Ghibli Movie
- Ultraman from the series of the same name
- Kamen Rider from the series of the same name (also as Masako Fujinami's picture)
- 8-chan from Toei's Comedy series, Robot 8-chan
- The Mut-Ant from This Island Earth
- Devil Man
- Iron Man No. 28/Gigantor
- Red King from the Ultraman series
- Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet
- One of Go Nagi's protagonist
- A Gundam (all black)
- A Moai statue
- A Mummy
- Momotaro (Worn by Kotatsu-Neko)
- Jirass from Ultraman
- Gekko Kamen/Moon Mask from Toei's film series in 1954
- Kitaro from Gegege no Kitaro
- Nezumi Otoko from Gegege no Kitaro
- Wonder Woman
Differences from the manga
Though the plot is true to the manga, many of the scenes of this episode are anime original.
- The manga version starts with Kitsune picking up dandelions then learning the story from the old lady. He imagines Shinobu as a bride right after and it jumps to the costume contest.
- As Kitsune walks away after seeing Shinobu with Ryūnosuke, the Tomobiki High School Principal shows up as a judge wearing a wedding dress. Then it ends with Kitsune asking the old lady how to claim back a lost lover.