New Year’s Panic! The Mendō Family’s Human Sugoroku Tournament (新春パニック！面堂家人間すごろく大会, Shin Shun Panikku! Mendō Ka Ningen Sugoroku Taikai) is the 185th episode of Urusei Yatsura.
The Mendō family celebrate the New Year by playing Sugoroku with a special house which is set up with various traps and using Mendō and invited guests as unwilling pieces.
To be added
- Mendō's Father
- Mendō's Mother
- Shūtarō Mendō
- Ryōko Mendō
- Ataru Moroboshi
- Shinobu Miyake
- Mendō's Grandfather
- This is originally Mendō's father debut (introduced in Episode 50 in the anime), and also the first time Lum, Ataru, Shinobu and Ten step into the Mendō estate (Ataru steps into the Mendō estate in Episode 50) and get to know Mendō's grandfather (Episode 115 in the anime).
- This is the first episode of the series airing in 1986.
Differences from the manga
The plot is essentially the same except:
- The scene of the Mendō family leaving is anime original.
- Ryōko doesn't appear since she had yet been introduced.
- Lum, Shinobu and Ten wear Yukatas.
- The special house is not said to be new.
- The Mendō Family is not seen in a dark room.
- As Ataru meets Mendō's grandfather for the first time, he doesn't mention his goofy mask.
- Mendō's father traps Mendō with Shinobu and Ten in the dark then tells Mendō to cry like a baby revealing his phobias, to which he declines to Shinobu since he doesn't want any girls to know (his phobias are exposed in Episode 50), so Mendō's father gets the 3 out then puts Mendō back in the dark, which causes him to cry, to which he later claims to Shinobu that he was joking, and Mendō then traps his father in the dark.
- As Ataru and Lum find Mendō, Shinobu and Ten, Ataru is stepped on by a cow in which Mendō's Mother is riding on.
- Ten, Shinobu and Mendō reach the goal.
- Cherry doesn't appear.