Sleeping in Class on a Wonderful Spring Day (春うらら居眠り教室, Haru Urara Inemuri Kyōshitsu) and Peach Blossom Poetry Contest (桃の花歌合戦, Momo no Hana Uta Gassen) are the two segments of the 20th episode of Urusei Yatsura.
The whole Class 2-4 has fallen asleep due to a tiny spirit taking a make-up exam for her master. However, there is still Ataru, Mendō and Lum to make fall asleep.
A poetry-reading contest takes place at a blossom orchard, where it is said that a wizard of poetry uses a maiden to lure men for a poetry challenge.
To be added
- Sanjuro Kuribayashi
- Shūtarō Mendō
- Ataru Moroboshi
- Shinobu Miyake
- Peach Nymph
- Poetry Hermit
Differences from the manga
- Onsen-Mark and the original principal are featured.
- Shunmin and Lum don’t launch into the air when the boys grab them.
- At the end it’s the superintendent, not the PTA.
- The setup is different; Mendō set up the party with the intention of summoning the Peach Nymph.
- Ataru volunteers to go first, but sings rather than recites; the judges determine that, although unorthodox, singing does qualify, but since Ataru’s singing sucks his song is disqualified.