We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Ah The Eyelid of Mother (ああまぶたの母, Ā Mabuta no Haha) is the 81st episode of Urusei Yatsura.
Ryunosuke tries to recall what her mother was like, and her father doesn't help her at all in this endeavor.
- Ryūnosuke Fujinami
- Ataru Moroboshi
- Ataru's Mother
- Ataru's Father
- Ryūnosuke's Father
- Masako Fujinami
- Shinobu Miyake
- Shūtarō Mendō
- This marks the first episode about Ryūnosuke's mother, Masako.
- Two new eyecatches featuring Lum and Ataru are introduced.
- Ryunosuke eats in a bowl featuring the Piyo Piyo Symbol.
- Kyōko Otonashi, Hanae Ichinose, Akemi Roppongi and Kozue Nanao of Maison Ikkoku make a cameo in the album "My Wife and I (妻とわたし)".
Differences from the Manga
- The manga version of the first half starts with Ryūnosuke finding Ten, thus there is no convenience store full of inside jokes about the animators, and Mr. Fujinami’s story with a nurse is much shorter (he just met her at a hospital because he had a fractured leg then she came to Hamachaya one day).
- The manga version of the second half has the chase being shorter and Mr. Fujinami actually waking up by himself and getting hit by a cupboard as he asks Ryūnosuke "What are you doing up at this time of night?", and he fights Ryūnosuke a bit after revealing his album of "My Wife and I" as he warns her that she shouldn't look at it.